84 pages, 5.5 x 8.5, softcover bound zine. Used.
Kingdoms is a dark role-playing game set at the dawn of civilization with the birth of man in an untamed sunless world. As Godkings, you must explore a hostile continent and grow your holdings from tribe to kingdom through slaying and harvesting dangerous beasts. Develop tools to survive and culture to thrive. But don't grow complacent, god blood: you must forge a dynasty to stand against the thrashing whims of power hungry relatives and competing nations in the face of the suffocating Dark and the horrors within.
This Zine Contains:
- Rules for creating a new Adam or Eve along with unique traits that makes your bloodline stand out from the rest.
- Simple steps to breed, creating unique children that will no doubt disappoint their parents.
- Mechanics for civilizing and expanding designed to easily create and support your great empires and struggling hamlets.
- Discover an unexplored continent, teeming with strange flora and fauna acting as bizarre tools for player ingenuity to develop.
- Fifteen macabre beasts with epic Monster-Hunter style combats including signature beast attacks, multi-staged boss fights, and crafting materials for special weapons.
- A Unique Modular Weapon Creation System in forging legendary weapons from the slain corpses of grotesque behemoths.
- A DM's guide on running a multi-generational epic from the birth of fire to the age of steam.
The story of mankind is yours to tell in Kingdoms. The players will hammer the foundations of human civilization in a sunless world through slaying the monstrosities of their era and assuming the role of their successors to continue the heroic lineage. Will your blood stand for strength in the face of the Dark? Strive for ingenuous discoveries to avoid bloodshed? Enforce mankind's divine right of conquest by trapping and bending the horrors of the Dark to their will? or Will your kingdom fall from heaven having squandered the resources accumulated from their mythic roots?