Knights of Lazarus Kickstarter Bundle
Knights of Lazarus presents a puzzle, unsolvable the first time through. The crew must discover the best tactics to combat specialized enemies, roleplay through encounters, and choose whether to retreat or push their luck through the dungeon, The Ship Canterbury.
Will your crew plan a heist? Or take the oath to join the Knights themselves? Whatever the choice the crew will discover the secrets of the order and the dangers of testing their boundaries.
Knights of Lazarus was designed to be easily weaved into any campaign with 20+ rumors and a dungeon built around regrouping and strategic planning for a successful heist. The Knights of Lazarus is written as a recurring faction for ongoing interactions after the dungeon crawling. Simple rule changes allow for variability for one-shot play and a stand-alone campaign setting.
Made for use with the Mothership RPG system and easily adapted to any OSR system or sci-fi setting.
Knights of Lazarus is 56 full-color pages, including:
- 5 DUNGEON MAPS, with 50+ unique rooms.
- DISTILLED DUNGEON RULESET that fits on the inside cover with enough space for an Enemy Stat Reference Table. 3 Levels of Difficulty to best fit your group's play style.
- EASY-TO-USE AUTOMATED ENEMIES. Players must outwit, outpace and discover their weaknesses in order to complete a heist.
- 6 SPECIALIZED ENEMIES + 3 FORBIDDING TRAPS. Adversaries present a unique challenge, each threatening the crew’s resources. Managing ammunition and survival becomes increasingly difficult.
- 5 RECURRING NPCs. Each with dedicated spreads and full-page portraits. Knights of Lazarus NPCs are rich in detail, with backstories, motivations, and the ability to reveal rumors, offer amnesty, aid, or even betray players.
- VARIABLE PLAY RULES. Play a number of one-shots, a stand-alone campaign, or effortlessly integrate into larger campaigns with various rumors and interactions with the order.
- 20+ RUMORS, 4 DECLASSIFIED SECRETS. A variety of story hooks and clues for players to engage with. Unveil xenotech artifacts and gradually reveal the dark truth of the order.
- 4+ PAGES OF RANDOM TABLES INCLUDING A RANDOM KNIGHT GENERATOR. Create variety, from spike-studded armor and morningstar-wielding death knights to tank-legged jousters. Artifact tables produce flavorful books, coins, and relics that fetch loads of credits from the right buyer.
- JOINING THE KNIGHTS OF LAZARUS RULESET. Complete with post-mission psych evaluations, 12+ missions, rank wages, and warden notes for planning an eventual escape from the order.
- 4 XENOTECH ARTIFACTS extrapolated from today’s brain stimulation technology. These powerful artifacts can relieve stress and enhance safety against failing saves, but they are easily misused without taking the time to discover how they work on humans.
Familiar Faces Vol 1 is a zine of story hooks. Players discover new opportunities through the motivations, biographies, eccentric acquaintances, and described pasts of these characters. Additionally, Volume 1 provides 3 new settings - Julip IV and its two satellites, Atlas Roe and Gilgamesh Red that house the characters.
Each NPC has four dedicated pages, including a full spread portrait and several details including the network of relationships that tie the world together.
Familiar Faces NPCs provide multiple functions. As recurring NPCs, they offer unique transaction opportunities for players on shore leave. As integrated members of their community, they offer interesting opportunities and introductions. As crews may often die off and reset during your campaigns, they offer a familiar face the crew might have heard of before their new journey begins.
We chose to provide 10x Unique Full-color Art Prints (4"x6") for Knights of Lazarus. These art prints include all major NPCs, Xenotech Artifacts. + a Knight Effigy Card for dungeon notes. Card backs are formatted for easy player note-taking complete with subtle headers to aid organization.
A 20pg full-color notebook offered more utility for a Familiar Faces player handout. Having access to the character portraits will increase intrigue rather than spoil surprises while allowing the package to be even more compact.